PRIVATE ACTING TUITION 2020
with NIDA Graduate and Actor Garth Holcombe
Garth is an experienced, well respected and in demand acting teacher and trainer with over 22 years in the Stage and Screen Entertainment industry.
As a practicing actor in the industry, (upcoming productions include THE WOMAN IN BLACK- Ensemble Theatre, 2020) Garth draws directly from the current industry climate and culture; as a result his training is relevant, precise, fresh, exciting and rigorous- reflecting the standard and expectations of the professional acting industry.
He has trained hundreds of actors, Australia wide as well and Internationally and works as a teaching artist for major institutions such as:
• NIDA National Institute of Dramatic Arts - VET Diploma Courses/ NIDAOpen
• SAS - Sydney Actors School
• Bell Shakespeare, Australia
• STS - Sydney Theatre School
• SPA - Sydney Performance Academy
Garth is currently a core stage acting tutor for the Diploma of Stage and Screen Performance, NIDA, the Diploma of Music Theatre, NIDA, as well as an ongoing tutor for NIDAOpen Acting Techniques Programs, Residencies and one-year Actors Studios.
Garth is able to offer private, bespoke, detailed and rigorous one-on-one training to students in his private studio and is currently accepting clients for 2020 from short term to longer term engagements depending on student requirements.
Due to the ever changing situation in Australia and the world right now, Garth is currently able to deliver ONLINE COACHING. Working from his studio in the Northern Beaches he is currently coaching and training actors Australia wide- (Melbourne, Tasmania, Darwin, QLD and more) using specific ONLINE delivery and teaching practices and methodologies.
Sessions commonly include the following:
•. Acting Techniques (influenced by Stanislavsky, Meisner, Mamet, Adler, Hagen and more)
• Text analysis and script exploration
• Screen Acting Technique
• Advice on auditioning for drama schools & selection of material
• Audition preparation and practice for professional industry engagements
• Monologue work and guidance - specialising in Shakespeare and heightened language
as well as Contemporary texts
• Specific scene work for theatre & screen
• Voice: Articulation and breath, sense and meaning
• Career Advice & Management- moving into the industry/ agents/ management
• High School/ Yr. 12 Drama- I.P projects
• Emotional, mental and physical well being for actors
Many of Garth’s private students have gone on to gain acceptance into the leading Drama Schools or are working professionally in the industry in Australia and Internationally.
NIDA Graduate- Bachelor of Dramatic Arts 2006
Certificate 4 in Training & Assessment- VET Vocational Education & Training
Mike Walsh Fellowship Recipient 2012
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"Garth is one of the most down to earth, passionate acting coaches
I have worked with. He doesn't just direct you, he places himself in
the given circumstances with you which opens up a space of true
conversation and connection to the work."
-Alex King, ACTOR- Sydney.